“Give a man a fish
and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a
lifetime.” - Chinese Proverb
We at MINDS believe that
volunteers play a critical role in empowering our clients and promoting
inclusion of persons with intellectual disability into our society today.
Are you ready to join us in making a difference?
If you are interested to volunteer with MINDS for
any of the following volunteering opportunity stated below except for
3. Individual volunteer - Weekend
activities, kindly write in to the respective persons in charge with the
following information where applicable:
- Commitment period
- Frequency (e.g. one time/weekly/biweekly/yearly/to be
- Available date(s) and timing(s)
- Area(s) of interest for volunteering
- Provide sponsorship of activity
- Any other information you would like us to know
The list of volunteering
opportunities below is not exhaustive, and we welcome you to brainstorm
about how you can help.
We sincerely appreciate
your support and would like to seek your kind understanding that the vacancy
for volunteer may be limited, and we will try to respond to you if there are suitable volunteering opportunities.
If your team is looking for ways to make a difference in the community,
while encouraging greater teamwork among employees and giving opportunities
to enhance skills development, MINDS has the following opportunities of
- "Adopt" a MINDS facility to provide support on a regular basis e.g.
embark on a yearly outing/monthly outing/weekly interaction
- Organise and sponsor ad hoc outings for MINDS clients (e.g.
baking/cooking studio, USS, hawker centre, movie premiere, picnic etc.)
- Organise and sponsor ad hoc Fundraising or Awareness Campaign for
- Organise Carnival/Camp (June/Dec) for MINDS clients
We are open to hearing from you on your ideas as well.
For interested partners, please email to
2. Individual volunteer - Weekday activities
- Assist in weekly classes on Travel Skills / Gardening / Community
Living and Mobility Skills Training / Art and Craft / Sports / Daily
- If you have specific skills (e.g. art and craft, photography,
baking, cooking, swimming etc.) that you would like to teach our clients
on a long term basis, you can write in to us too.
- For more information on MINDS' centres and schools, visit
- At least 18 years old and above
- Able to commit for at least six months on a weekly/biweekly basis
- Passionate and determined to empower and engage persons with
- MINDS Fernvale Gardens School
- MINDS Napiri Training and Development Centre
- MINDS Eunos Training and Development Centre
- Other respective schools and training centers
For interested applicants, please email to
be a vacancy for individual volunteers, an interview and visit to selected
MINDS facility will be arranged for the potential volunteer where
applicable. Volunteers have to fill in MINDS volunteer application form
before volunteering with MINDS.
3. Individual volunteer - Weekend activities
- Engage persons with intellectual disability in activities such as
art and craft, sports, singalong, life skills activities at MINDS MYG.
- MINDS MYG is MINDS' dedicated volunteer arm that servers over 200
beneficiaries across ten regular projects on weekend afternoons. For
more information on volunteering with MINDS MYG, hop on to
For interested applicants, click
here to sign up.
4. Individual volunteer - Weekday/weekend activities
MINDS Me Too! Club is looking for:
- Individuals who wish to conduct workshops for at least 10 weeks, one
session per weeek. i.e. art and craft, cooking, baking, sports, physical
activities, team bonding games, etc.
- Volunteers who wish to volunteer on Mondays, Wednesdays and/or
Fridays 1-3pm every week for at least 6 months.
- Weekly activites include activities such as arts and crafts,
sports, activities of daily living, etc. where clients and MTC
volunteers will interact together. These weekly activities aim to
empower our clients in terms of communication skills in order to
make them feel less socially isolated. The venue of the weekly
activities varies as per activity.
- Volunteers who want to do home visits for at least 6 months.
- The home visit programme is one where volunteers head down to
clients' homes once a week to spend time with them and to get to
know them better. Volunteers can also engage in other activities
such as reading, writing, colouring, counting, walking around the
neigbourhood, and other activities that they (as well as the
caregivers) think is suitable for clients.
For more information on Me Too! Club, visit
For interested applicants,
please write in to our Me Too! Club’s Volunteer
5. Skilled volunteerism
If you have any specific skillsets (e.g. photography,
videography, designing, baking, medicine, food and nutrition, dentistry etc)
that you would like to contribute, do drop us a note at