- Ensure smooth flow and operations in day-to-day sub contract and project tasks.
- Provide logistics support such as delivery and collection.
- Comply with the productivity, quality and quotas of products and services delivered.
- Assist Training Officer in recording of trainees’ work skills through observations.
- Provide feedback and evaluation of trainees’ development and management.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the area of activities.
- Assist and support events and activities organized.
- GCE ‘N’ or ’O’ Level with Class 3 driving license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Margaret Drive (2 vacancies)
date posted: 17th Jul 2014
Training Officer / Assistant Training Officer
- Training, supervising, maintaining and developing the functional skills of clients in the areas of activities for daily living, vocational, community, social and recreational participation.
- Working closely and collaboratively with allied health professionals and families to implement training programmes for the clients.
- Engaging in volunteer/fundraising activities to raise public awareness of persons with intellectual disability.
- Diploma in any discipline with at least 2 years working experience.
- Certified training in Social Services or Disability Studies is an added advantage.
- Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player.
- Passion to work with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Eunos, Margaret Drive, Tampines, Woodlands
date posted: 14th Jul 2014
- Coordinating and conducting intake and assessment interviews with a team of Allied Health Professionals to assess client's suitability for services in MINDS.
- Provides family-centred casework management to families of PWIDs through counselling, financial assessment, home visits as well as referrals to other agencies for more support when necessary.
- Working with primary service providers (teachers and training officers) in the special needs setting and providing them with training when necessary to help equipped and empower them with the skills to engage and work with families.
- Plan and implement psycho-educational workshops for caregivers and families of PWIDs.
- Conduct group work or organise support groups for caregivers and families of PWIDS.
- Participate and carry out public education projects.
- Degree in Social Work.
- Fluent in English and a Second Language.
date posted: 14th Jul 2014
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the centre.
- Keeping the environment of the Centre safe, tidy, clean and hygienic.
- Working experience with WSQ/or related certification in cleaning will be an added advantage.
- Clementi, Eunos, Woodlands
date posted: 14th Jul 2014
- Preparation of food.
- Keep the kitchen area clean and safe.
- Working experience and related certification in "food preparation" will be an added advantage.
date posted: 14th Jul 2014
Director Corporate Development & Outreach
The Director Corporate Development & Outreach will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the senior management with the following key responsibilities:
- Facilitate the strategic and corporate planning processes in close collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic review of annual action plans as well as ensure alignment with organisational priorities and goals.
- Recommend and implement strategies that would enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and review the organisation’s performance management system, including the development of balanced scorecards and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Oversee corporate communication that includes public relations, social media and various corporate speaking appearances to build the brand of the organisation.
- Recommend and implement effective engagement strategies to build strong relationships throughout the organization and with stakeholders.
Volunteer and Donor Management
- To provide leadership and direction to reach out to volunteers and donors.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an exemplary volunteer programmes to provide a supplementary workforce through the use of corporate, academic, community and individual volunteers.
- As a key member of the Caregivers Support Committee and to support the activities, programs and framework.
- Oversee the set-up of the new Caregivers’ Support Centre.
- Oversee the provision of general administrative support to the Headquarters.
- Oversee and manage the Facilities Management Section to prepare and manage the budget, and maintenance of all facilities.
- Oversee and manage the IT Section to provide IT strategies and planning, IT governance, vendor procurement, IT maintenance and technical support across the organisation.
- Be the Data Protection Officer of the organization and review and update policies and forms for Personal Data Protection Act compliance.
- Provide secretariat support to the Board and manage all Board-related matters.
- Good degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- At least 12 years of working experience preferably in corporate communications or social service.
- Strong leadership, organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to present effective and compelling messages to individuals, groups and the public.
date posted: 3rd Jul 2014
Human Resource Director
- Manage the full spectrum of Human Resources management.
- Act as a business partner, change agent, and member of the senior management team.
- Work with CEO and the senior management team in driving company-wide programs, initiatives and core HR programs to attract and retain talent.
- Build a high performance culture through talent management, succession planning, learning and development and employee engagement.
- Oversee and manage the manpower planning and budget with over 600 staff.
- Promote healthy industrial relations and work collaboratively with the union to promote the well-being of the staff.
- Coach, guide and empower line managers to manage staff issues, with a view to motivate them and achieve common goals.
- Good degree, preferably in HRM.
- At least 10 to 15 years of relevant working experience, with at least 5 years of senior management role and experience.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, with exemplary personal conduct and professionalism.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with Union is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Corporate Governance and Internal Controls.
date posted: 1st Jul 2014
- To provide high quality of daily care, supervision and ensures the well-being of the residents.
- To provide training to enhance the development of the residents, especially in the area of independent living skills.
- To assist in family work under the supervision of the social worker.
- To assist in giving regular medication and when required, other medication prescript by doctors with proper recording.
- To ensure and keep proper records of residents.
- Min GCE ‘O’ level with 1-2 years working experience.
- Have knowledge and understanding of intellectual disability, skills in implementing activity/training planning, clients management skills and skills in housekeeping.
- 12 hours shift with 3 off days per week. Require to work on Saturday/Sunday and Public holiday.
date posted: 9th Jun 2014
We are looking for a qualified, committed and motivated individual to join our team at MINDS.
You will provide services to a range of clientele, with children aged from 6 to 18 at school setting, and also with adults in your caseload.
You will work towards helping our clients achieve better communication skills functional for their daily lives.
At MINDS, we provide regular supervision and support professional development.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Recognised Speech Therapy qualification with Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC).
- Able to work independently, and collaboratively with other professionals, direct support staff and parents/caregivers.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates good clinical reasoning and applies in assessment and intervention of cases.
- Experience in working with persons with intellectual disabilities, dysphagia, complex communication needs, and Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) are considered an advantage.
date posted: 5th Jun 2014
You will work with a team of nursing aides and allied health staff to attend to the health care needs of persons with intellectual disability in a residential facility.
Registered nurse with Nursing Diploma or Degree
To provide nursing care for intellectually disabled clients in a residential home setting.
Preferably with nursing background with at least 1 year experience.
We are looking for team players with good interpersonal and relational skills. Suitably qualified individuals will be remunerated according to qualifications & experience. Please submit your resume by Post, Fax, or Email to:
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore
800 Margaret Drive
Fax No: (65) 6479-0706
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Position offered may be placed on 1 or 2 years contract