- Intake and Assessment
- Coordinating and Conducting Intake and Assessment Interviews with a team of Allied Health Professionals to assess clientís suitability for services in MINDS.
- Case Management
- Provides Family-Centred Casework Management to families of PWIDs through counselling, financial assessment, home visits as well as referrals to other agencies for more support when necessary.
- Support Services
- Working with primary service providers (teachers and training officers) in the special needs setting and providing them with training when necessary to help equipped and empower them with the skills to engage and work with families.
- Projects and Group work
- Plan and implement Psycho-educational Workshops for Caregivers and Families of PWIDs.
- Conduct Group work or organise support groups for caregivers and families of PWIDS.
- Participate and carry out Public Education projects.
- Degree in Social Work.
- Fluent in English and a Second Language.
date posted: 21st Apr 2014
Social Work Assistant - School
- Assist Social Worker in students' welfare and admission, collection of fees and admin related works.
- Prepare appointment letter to parents and assist to arrange for admission interview.
- Accompany Social Worker for home visit if necessary.
- Provide HR clerical and administrative support for day-to-day operations of the school.
- Prepare monthly petty cash summary.
- Assist in quotation sourcing and purchasing duties.
- Assist the Admin & Operations Manager in building facilities management and ensure that contractors perform their services as per their service contracts.
- GCE 'O' or 'A' Level or Certificate in Office Skills or Diploma in Administrative Management.
- At least 2 years of working experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Available to start work on immediate basis / short notice.
date posted: 15th Apr 2014
Clerical Officer - HR
- Assist HR Executive in training and recruitment administration.
- Handle and process all insurance and medical claims.
- Provide HR clerical and administrative support.
- Provide logistic support for in-house meetings and events.
- GCE 'O', 'A' Levels or Diploma with 2 years working experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Available to start work on immediate basis / short notice.
date posted: 10th Apr 2014
Job Coach - School
- Work closely with the AHP and teachers to assess studentís readiness for job attachments and job placements.
- Identify and provide support to develop the studentsí confidence and interest in the job before job attachments.
- Source and arrange for job attachment opportunities for students.
- Analyse and evaluate the suitability of the job site.
- Prepare the students for job attachments.
- Negotiate a set of employment terms with the employer after the attachment .
- Provide continued support and guidance to the students.
- Diploma or Degree in any discipline with at least 2 years working experience.
- Skills: A strong team-player with excellent people skills.
date posted: 4th Apr 2014
Manager, Volunteer & Donor Management
- Work closely with the management and all organizational units to forecast demands for volunteer service, and match or recruit the volunteers to support the specific needs.
- Work with corporate, community and public organizations to provide volunteer opportunities for their employees.
- Develop training and outreach materials for volunteers.
- Develop and implement processes to effectively recruit and retain volunteers from the community at large.
- Maintain an updated volunteer and donor online system to track talent pools and corporate/individual donations and their contributions.
- Organise regular training, field work attachments and appreciation events to continually motivate, engage and retain volunteers' interests and participation.
- Manage and support fundraising events organized by or on behalf of MINDS by corporate organisations.
- Support the Volunteer and Donor Management Committee to develop and implement programs to meet the annual work plans, draw up annual budgets, and build a strong volunteer culture in MINDS.
- Highly effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image of MINDS as a volunteer organization of choice.
- Good project management skills for the running of the volunteer events and fundraising initiatives.
- Degree in Communications Management or Human Resource Management.
- Experience in volunteer management will be an advantage.
- At least 2 years in supervisory, managerial capacity.
date posted: 17th Mar 2014
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to conduct assessments, both clinical and psychometric for clients.
- Initiate management and intervention programmes for clients with behavioural and learning difficulties.
- Work with direct service staff (teachers, training officers, care staff) and caregivers (parents, guardians, home carers) and volunteers in the implementation of the intervention strategies and programmes, and to conduct training sessions if needed.
- Honours/ Masters in Psychology with at least 2 years working experience.
- Team player and professional conduct.
date posted: 3rd Mar 2014
Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist
- Assess, plan and execute appropriate therapeutic intervention programmes for clients.
- Work with direct service staff (teachers, training officers, care staff) and caregivers (parents, guardians, home carers) and volunteers to implement of the intervention strategies and programmes, and to conduct training for them where needed.
- Work with other allied health professional and direct service staff to provide multi-disciplinary support to the clients.
- Maintain updated records of therapeutic and intervention programs for each client.
- Diploma / Degree graduate in the specific therapy discipline.
- He/she should display competency in doing the job well. He/she should qualify as a Conditional-Registered Therapist under the Allied Health Professional Act (when implemented).
date posted: 14th Feb 2014
- Full scope of building facilities management for MINDSí facilities islandwide.
- Implement best practices in facility maintenance to ensure safer operating environments.
- Ensuring compliance with Fire Safety and Building Controls standards on MINDSí facilities.
- Liaising with relevant government authorities, contractors, vendors with regard to cyclical maintenance, renovations, and other ad-hoc maintenance matters.
- Draw up tender specifications, and work closely with consultants on project specifications.
- Ensure that contractors/sub-contractors perform their services as per their service contracts.
- Evaluate the condition and maintain records of the working condition of the facility equipment or systems on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update annual inspection and certification of facility equipment in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Procurement manager for central services related to facility and equipment maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Civil/Building/Structural/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant experiences in facility management/maintenance.
- Possess the Fire Safety Manager certificate.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, able to work independently as well as in a team environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, trouble-shooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
date posted: 10th Jan 2014
- Training, supervising, maintaining and developing the functional skills of clients in the areas of activities for daily living, vocational, community, social and recreational participation.
- Working closely and collaboratively with allied health professionals and families to implement training programmes for the clients.
- Engaging in volunteer/fundraising activities to raise public awareness of persons with intellectual disability.
- Diploma in any discipline with at least 2 years working experience.
- Certified training in Social Services or Disability Studies is an added advantage.
- Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player.
- Passion to work with people with intellectual disabilities.
date posted: 28th Nov 2013
- Preparation of food.
- Keep the kitchen area clean and safe.
- Working experience and related certification in "food preparation" will be an added advantage.
date posted: 18th Nov 2013
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the centre.
- Keeping the environment of the Centre safe, tidy, clean and hygienic.
- Working experience with WSQ/or related certification in cleaning will be an added advantage.
date posted: 30th Aug 2013
Director, Social Enterprises
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and drive new business initiatives and expand the current social enterprises that employ persons with special needs.
- Develop sound business plans, including undertaking feasibility studies and market surveys, and to drive implementation of business plans.
- Contract negotiation and business management.
- Develop strong partnerships with all stakeholders, donors, corporations and volunteers to grow the social enterprises
- Provide leadership and direction to the Managers of the business units
- Manage the P&L, Budgets and ensure compliance with Corporate Governance Regulations
- Oversee, lead and provide directions for MINDS Employment Development Centres (sheltered workshops for adult clients)
- Create awareness of the abilities of the clients, and enhance networking with other related agencies
- Degree/Post-graduate degree in any discipline. You should be self-driven, mature, possess strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal and relational skills, a team motivator and have a proven track record in sales, business development, implementation of new business initiatives, managing businesses with P&L responsibility.
date posted: 23rd Aug 2013
Reporting to the Director, you will oversee a team of nursing staff and work closely with allied health professionals to attend to the health care needs of persons with intellectual disability in a residential facility.
Senior Registered Nurse with at least 7 years of experience.
You will work with a team of nursing aides and allied health staff to attend to the health care needs of persons with intellectual disability in a residential facility.
Registered nurse with Nursing Diploma or Degree
(A) Occupational Therapist Aide
To assist the Occupational Therapist in providing occupational therapy and conducting intervention programmes for persons with intellectual disabilities in a residential home setting.
(B) Physiotherapist Aide
To assist the Physiotherapist in providing physiotherapy and conducting intervention programmes for persons with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting.
Preferably with occupational therapy background. Applicants with physiotherapy background will also be considered.
Preferably with physiotherapy background.
To provide nursing care for intellectually disabled clients in a residential home setting.
Preferably with nursing background with at least 1 year experience.
To provide care, supervision and implement activities for clients with intellectual disabilities in a residential home setting.
GCE 'O' Level
We are looking for team players with good interpersonal and relational skills. Suitably qualified individuals will be remunerated according to qualifications & experience. Please submit your resume by Post, Fax, or Email to:
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore
800 Margaret Drive
Fax No: (65) 6479-0706
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Position offered may be placed on 1 or 2 years contract