- Work in a multidisciplinary team to conduct assessments, both clinical and psychometric for clients.
- Initiate management and intervention programmes for clients with behavioural and learning difficulties.
- Work with direct service staff (teachers, training officers, care staff) and caregivers (parents, guardians, home carers) and volunteers in the implementation of the intervention strategies and programmes, and to conduct training sessions if needed.
- Honours/ Masters in Psychology with at least 2 years working experience.
- Team player and professional conduct.
date posted: 3rd Mar 2014
Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist
- Assess, plan and execute appropriate therapeutic intervention programmes for clients.
- Work with direct service staff (teachers, training officers, care staff) and caregivers (parents, guardians, home carers) and volunteers to implement of the intervention strategies and programmes, and to conduct training for them where needed.
- Work with other allied health professional and direct service staff to provide multi-disciplinary support to the clients.
- Maintain updated records of therapeutic and intervention programs for each client.
- Diploma / Degree graduate in the specific therapy discipline.
- He/she should display competency in doing the job well. He/she should qualify as a Conditional-Registered Therapist under the Allied Health Professional Act (when implemented).
date posted: 14th Feb 2014
Children's Wing Instructor
- To provide high quality of daily care, supervision and ensures the well-being of the residents.
- To assist in assessment of residents’ skills levels, plan and provide meaningful activities and training programmes to enhance the development of the residents in all aspects.
- To assist in family work under the supervision of the social worker.
- Has knowledge and understanding of intellectual disability.
- Has knowledge and skills in implementing activity/ training planning, child management and housekeeping.
- 'O’ level graduate with one year working experience
2 Rotating-Shift (Alternate Month)Morning: 7 am - 3.05 pm (Mon - Sat)Afternoon: 10.55 am - 7.05 pm (Mon - Sat)
date posted: 24th Jan 2014
- Full scope of building facilities management for MINDS’ facilities islandwide.
- Implement best practices in facility maintenance to ensure safer operating environments.
- Ensuring compliance with Fire Safety and Building Controls standards on MINDS’ facilities.
- Liaising with relevant government authorities, contractors, vendors with regard to cyclical maintenance, renovations, and other ad-hoc maintenance matters.
- Draw up tender specifications, and work closely with consultants on project specifications.
- Ensure that contractors/sub-contractors perform their services as per their service contracts.
- Evaluate the condition and maintain records of the working condition of the facility equipment or systems on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update annual inspection and certification of facility equipment in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Procurement manager for central services related to facility and equipment maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Civil/Building/Structural/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of relevant experiences in facility management/maintenance.
- Possess the Fire Safety Manager certificate.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, able to work independently as well as in a team environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, trouble-shooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
date posted: 10th Jan 2014
- Develop and regularly review the Procurement Policy and Operating Procedure in accordance with high standards of corporate governance, financial limits and the needs of the organisation.
- Identify, develop and manage vendor relationships and develop relevant sourcing strategies that bring the best value for purchases including tabulating price analysis for transparent support of recommendations.
- Ensure all activities through the procurement cycle are in compliance with the procurement policies to reinforce vigilant practices throughout the organisation.
- Ensure the products and services are bought at the most competitive price without compromising on quality, and on-time delivery.
- Process requests for purchases of products and services in the organisation.
- Prepares monthly purchases analysis report, implement cost efficient and effective purchasing strategies, and conduct regular vendor audit to ensure service standards for term-contracts are maintained.
- Provides guidance on procurement practices to staff at the operating units involved in procurement.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in any discipline with certificate/ diploma in Procurement.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in procurement.
- Strong negotiation skills, organised, meticulous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude, mature, and team player.
date posted: 10th Jan 2014
- Training, supervising, maintaining and developing the functional skills of clients in the areas of activities for daily living, vocational, community, social and recreational participation.
- Working closely and collaboratively with allied health professionals and families to implement training programmes for the clients.
- Engaging in volunteer/fundraising activities to raise public awareness of persons with intellectual disability.
- Diploma in any discipline with at least 2 years working experience.
- Certified training in Social Services or Disability Studies is an added advantage.
- Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player.
- Passion to work with people with intellectual disabilities.
date posted: 28th Nov 2013
- Preparation of food.
- Keep the kitchen area clean and safe.
- Working experience and related certification in "food preparation" will be an added advantage.
date posted: 18th Nov 2013
- Intake and Assessment
- Coordinating and Conducting Intake and Assessment Interviews with a team of Allied Health Professionals to assess client’s suitability for services in MINDS.
- Case Management
- Provides Family-Centred Casework Management to families of PWIDs through counselling, financial assessment, home visits as well as referrals to other agencies for more support when necessary.
- Support Services
- Working with primary service providers (teachers and training officers) in the special needs setting and providing them with training when necessary to help equipped and empower them with the skills to engage and work with families.
- Projects and Group work
- Plan and implement Psycho-educational Workshops for Caregivers and Families of PWIDs.
- Conduct Group work or organise support groups for caregivers and families of PWIDS.
- Participate and carry out Public Education projects.
- Degree in Social Work.
- Fluent in English and a Second Language.
date posted: 4th Oct 2013
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the centre.
- Keeping the environment of the Centre safe, tidy, clean and hygienic.
- Working experience with WSQ/or related certification in cleaning will be an added advantage.
date posted: 30th Aug 2013
Director, Social Enterprises
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities are to:
- Develop and drive new business initiatives and expand the current social enterprises that employ persons with special needs.
- Develop sound business plans, including undertaking feasibility studies and market surveys, and to drive implementation of business plans.
- Contract negotiation and business management.
- Develop strong partnerships with all stakeholders, donors, corporations and volunteers to grow the social enterprises
- Provide leadership and direction to the Managers of the business units
- Manage the P&L, Budgets and ensure compliance with Corporate Governance Regulations
- Oversee, lead and provide directions for MINDS Employment Development Centres (sheltered workshops for adult clients)
- Create awareness of the abilities of the clients, and enhance networking with other related agencies
- Degree/Post-graduate degree in any discipline. You should be self-driven, mature, possess strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal and relational skills, a team motivator and have a proven track record in sales, business development, implementation of new business initiatives, managing businesses with P&L responsibility.
date posted: 23rd Aug 2013
Reporting to the Director, you will oversee a team of nursing staff and work closely with allied health professionals to attend to the health care needs of persons with intellectual disability in a residential facility.
Senior Registered Nurse with at least 7 years of experience.
You will work with a team of nursing aides and allied health staff to attend to the health care needs of persons with intellectual disability in a residential facility.
Registered nurse with Nursing Diploma or Degree
(A) Occupational Therapist Aide
To assist the Occupational Therapist in providing occupational therapy and conducting intervention programmes for persons with intellectual disabilities in a residential home setting.
(B) Physiotherapist Aide
To assist the Physiotherapist in providing physiotherapy and conducting intervention programmes for persons with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting.
Preferably with occupational therapy background. Applicants with physiotherapy background will also be considered.
Preferably with physiotherapy background.
To provide nursing care for intellectually disabled clients in a residential home setting.
Preferably with nursing background with at least 1 year experience.
To provide care, supervision and implement activities for clients with intellectual disabilities in a residential home setting.
GCE 'O' Level
We are looking for team players with good interpersonal and relational skills. Suitably qualified individuals will be remunerated according to qualifications & experience. Please submit your resume by Post, Fax, or Email to:
Director, HR & Admin
Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore
800 Margaret Drive
Fax No: (65) 6479-0706
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Position offered may be placed on 1 or 2 years contract